app

Cavendish Railway Arms

Cavendish Railway Arms

closed 1991

Melford Rd/Pentlow Ln

grid reference TL 810 464

Now rented out as a holiday cottage.

Also reported in Chapel St.

Mr Smith of the Railway Tavern applied for an extension in time on the occasion of the annual fair to be held on the 11th June, which was granted.Ipswich Journal, June 1880**

Marks on the wall suggest this was a Greene King pub.

Built mid-19th century.

It's shown here (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old picture from http://www.foxearth.org.uk

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X