also traded as Royal Oak
South West, 52.08709,0.58144
Closed: approx 1958?
grid reference TL 769 463
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
This is shown as a pub (the Oak) on OS maps at least as late as 1958, but not on the 1959 or subsequent sheets, so must have closed about this time.
Beerhouse The Oak is listed in the 1881 census at 11 Chapel Road.
The Royal Oak is listed in Chapel Street in 1891 and Snow Hill in 1901.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.