Closed between 1871 and 1883?
grid reference TL 897 793
The building isn't shown as a pub on any available OS map (as far back as 1883), so presumably closed between 1871 (the latest directory entry found so far) and that year.
It seems the building was used as a police station then the Post Office after the pub closed. (It's shown as a post office on OS maps of about the end of the 19th century). It appears in the Listed Buildings Register as "Post House".
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)