app

Eye Bottles

Eye Bottles

closed 10th October 1908

last owner/operator: Colchester Brewing Company

11 The Cross

grid reference TM 145 738

The Bottles was closed in 1908 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses. It was built in the early 18th century.

In 1830 it's listed at Butchery.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Closure date from Eye town licensing records.

X