app

Lavenham Crown & Anchor

Lavenham Crown & Anchor

also traded as Anchor

Closed 1952 (Feb 29)

opened pre-1425

Prentice St

grid reference TL 918 494

According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Anchor was one of at least three Lavenham pubs known to have existed in 1425.

It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X