CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 21/01/2020
Lowestoft Anchor of Hopehistorical closure era: late 20th century
150 Clapham Rd
The Anchor of Hope was demolished during road improvements. The 1910 Lowestoft Rate book shows it standing between 148 and 160 Clapham Road.
The pub is listed at Shuckford's Loke until at least 1874, and at Clapham Road from at least 1881.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)