app

Stowmarket Carpenter's Arms

Stowmarket Carpenter's Arms

closed 1868

opened 1832

Bury St

George Goodwin was the first known owner. It was later owned by Jonathan Godbold & his executors (1851-68).

The pub burnt down in 1868 as part of the famous Bury Street fire which destroyed several buildings.

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)

X