Real Ale is sold here.
45 Chapel Rd, CB8 7HA
grid reference TL 618 655
owner/operator: Hawthorn Leisure
Large pub with a conservatory & large beer garden. 4 letting rooms. Guest beers are from the Marston beer list.
The pub is reputedly built on site of 17th century ale house or coaching inn.
- Accommodation available
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Dogs welcome
- Evening meals
- Family friendly
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
- Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
- Real fire
- Restaurant or separate dining area
- Separate bar
- Traditional pub games available
Railway station about 2.6 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1901 (interactive map)
Owner/operator: Greene King
Large pub, reputed to have been built on the site of a C17th alehouse.
Beers: Greene King IPA, seasonal ale, Abbot.CAMRA's 1997 Suffolk Real Ale Guide
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)