also traded as Ordnance Arms, Grange
Closed after 2000
last owner/operator: Punch
1 Undercliff Rd West, IP11 2AN
grid reference TM 296 341
The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map)
The Ordnance was a large, wood panelled bar with numerous letting rooms.
It was demolished in September/October 2014 to make way for a hotel.
R Nauton, Ordanance Hotel, Fort Road, Felixstowe beach, begs respectfully to inform his friends and the public that he has taken the above Hotel, and trusts by strict attention and moderate charges to obtain the patronage of ladies and gentlemen, as lodgers or daily visitors, at the favourite watering place of Felixstowe. Fine old wines and spirits, East India and Scotch ales, Dublin stout, in bottles and on draught, of the very best quality. Families supplied on reasonable terms, good stabling and lock up coach houses.Ipswich Journal, June 1855**
Maria PAYNE has taken the Ordnance Hotel, Fort Road, Felixstowe.Ipswich Journal, July 3rd 1858***
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Ordnance's license was issued in 1856.…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic book information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.