Real Ale is sold here.
25-31 Ranelagh Rd, IP11 7HA
grid reference TM 304 346
traditional bar, opened Victorian
owner/operator: Greene King
A family run hotel, refurbished and extended. Lively at weekends. Food (12 - 9.30).
Theres's a 10% discount on Real Ales for Camra members.
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- CAMRA members' discount scheme: 10% discount off cask beer for CAMRA members
- Family friendly
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
- Traditional pub games available
Railway station about 0.6 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map)
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Grosvenor's license was issued in 1878 (not actually 100% clear on the record). Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)