Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.
If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.
also traded as Fox & Goose
grid reference TL 642 633
The Wellington was originally The Fox and Goose, in Fox and Goose Lane, both later renamed Wellington. The New Wellington (as is now) was a converted veterinary surgery, licence transferred there on the closure of The Wellington. Located at junction of Chevely Road and Ashley Road.from Tony Pringle
In 1931 it closed as pub and is now a kebab shop. The building dates from the mid 18th century.
A Victorian brewery was also listed on this site.
It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1830 Pigots Directory supplied by Sandra Easom)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.