also traded as Black Bull
Closed before 1840
In 1780, stagecoaches from Swaffham were advertised as calling at the Bull.
To be lett, The Bull Inn in Brandon now in the Occupation of Mr John Breccles who has taken the Bull at Barton Mills.Ipswich Journal, September 17th 1743***
To be lett, the Bull Inn at Brandon. Enquire of Mr Samuel Browne & Co. Merchants in Lynn.Ipswich Journal, January 31st 1747***(The house was still being advertised in July 1747).
Auction of the Bull Publick Inn, new-built, in Brandon, Freehold at the yearly rent of £12.Ipswich Journal, December 17th 1748***
The Black Bull at Brandon has been taken by Matthew Hopkin.Ipswich Journal, May 12th 1750***
A report in the Ipswich Journal, April 21st 1753***, refers to Matt. Hopkins at the Black Bull, Brandon, which also served as the Post Office following its removal from the White Hart, Brandon, last Lady Day.…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Robert Grimsy, from the Angel, Bramford has taken the Chequer Inn, in St Matthew's parish, Ipswich, where any person for their Conveniency, may set up sacks of Corn
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)