also traded as Roe Buck
Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TL 722 802
A beerhouse, presumably this one, is shown at this location on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century (interactive map).
The Roebuck is recorded in the 1871 census. This may be a later name for the Bell Inn, which was recorded until the 1861 census with the same landlord.
It's evidently been demolished as a row of fairly modern houses stand on the site.
It's recorded in Lakenheath Road in the 1871 census, the position is estimated from the 1891 census.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.