Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TL 776 497
This beerhouse and shop can be seen on an OS map of 1886. It's not marked as such on the 1892-1905 sheet, so may have closed by then. The only building now in the area appears fairly modern (and doesn't match the old building's footprint) so the pub has evidently been demolished along with most other buildings on the old map.
It's shown on this old OS map from 1884 (interactive map).
A beerhouse is shown at this location on an 1886 map and the censuses show a beerhouse which appears to in this area. The landlord information assumes these are the same beerhouse.
The 1871 census locates the beer house in New England at schedule number 81, between Shadowbush Farm at 65 and Flax Farm at 85.
The censuses before 1871 and after 1901 do not show this as a beerhouse.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.