Closed unknown era
Old Nelson St
grid reference TM 551 933
An un-named pub is shown at this location on the 1885 OS town plan. It may have been the Canteen but we can't yet be sure.
Alternatively, this pub is back-to-back with, and could be part of, the Fox & Hounds, London Road North. The Fox & Hounds was listed at 55 Old Nelson Street in the 1881 census, its location was next to a Congregational School. The map shows the public house next to a Sunday School.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)