Closed before 1787
opened before 1472
144 High St
grid reference TL 641 632
The Memorial Hall now stands on the site of the Bear, according to the Newmarket Shops website. A map of 1472 apparently shows The Bear at this spot. It seems it was gone by 1787.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)