app

Newmarket Cock

Newmarket Cock

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

Closed pre-1840

Albion St/Market St

grid reference TL643634

The Newmarket Pubs website shows this pub on a map from 1787. It seems it probably later became the John Barleycorn.

A pub (presumably the John Barleycorn) is shown at its approximate location on the 1901 OS map. It is shown adjacent to the King's Head brewery (shown but not named on the map).

location of the King's Head.

Map

map

X