formerly Royal Oak, Royal Oak Stores
Real Ale is sold here.
43 Ipswich St, IP14 1AH
grid reference TM 050 585
opened about 1824
owner/operator: Meet & Eat (Greene King)
A town centre pub that welcomes families. Traditional pub food is on the menu. There's live music once a month.
There is a toilet for disabled customers.
The building dates from the early 19th century.
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Cask Marque accredited
- Evening meals
- Family friendly
- Live music
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
- Smoking area
- Sport TV
- Traditional pub games available
- WiFi available: Free
Railway station about 0.3 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)