Felixstowe Ferry is part of Felixstowe parish.
Population (2011) of Felixstowe parish: 23 689.
Local licensing authority for Felixstowe Ferry is East Suffolk.
About Felixstowe Ferry
Felixstowe Ferry is a small fishing port, separated from the rest of Felixstowe by a sizeable golf course. The location is sometimes historically referred to as Bawdsey Ferry.
The two Martello towers are part of a series of 29 built between Aldeburgh and St Osyth Stone between 1808 and 1812 to protect both Essex and Suffolk. Built of brick, 13 feet thick on the seaward side, they originally stood about 30 feet high and were equipped with a cannon on the roof.