Fornham St Martin
Fornham St Martin once had a reputation for "pie-ladies" - women who walked to the Abbey in Bury St Edmunds to feed the monks - today it is dominated by modern housing. The village appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Fernham mertin".
A smock mill used to stand near the current Lark Valley Drive. It collapsed in 1927.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.