Population (2011) of Horringer: 1055.
Local licensing authority for Horringer is West Suffolk.
The village was once known as Horningsheath and was recorded in Domesday as "Horningeserda" or "Horningesworda". On John Speed's 1610 map, it's shown as "Herningherthe".
The thatched and timber framed exteriors of the buildings along the main street make for a pleasant view. The entrance to the 18th century Ickworth Park and House (National Trust) are near the parish church of St Mary. Some good walks are to be found among its ancient oak trees.
A Second World War POW camp (Camp 260) stood on Hardwick Heath. It was subsequently used as emergency civilian housing.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.