Bedfield is a linear village with a pleasant green, in the heart of the "Suffolk prairie". It was recorded in Domesday as "Berdefelda".
Bedfield Hall dates from the 17th century.
The 1844 White's Directory lists a beer house run by Elizabeth Clarke.
The 1855 White's Directory lists a beer house run by William Stannard.
The 1861 census lists William Stannard/35y/Farmer, beerhouse & shop keeper (no pub name).
The 1865 Kelly's Directory lists William Stannard as a beer retailer.
The 1888 Kelly's Directory lists James Stannard a beer retailer.
The 1891-92 Kelly's Directory lists Mrs Stannard as a beerhouse keeper.
The 1900 Kelly's Directory lists Mrs Ellen Stannard as a beer retailer.
The 1912 Kelly's Directory lists Samuel Gyford as a beer retailer.
The 1922 Kelly's Directory l…