Bradfield St George
This is a scattered settlement based around a number of greens. The ancient Bradfield woods have been coppiced since the 13th century and are now managed by Suffolk Wildlife Trust. Nearby Monks' Wood is a deer park. Bradfield in general was recorded in Domesday as "Bradefelda". Bradfield St George appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Munkebradfeld".
A smock mill stood on the Felsham Road until it was demolished in 1943.
The 1855 White's Directory lists a beer house keeper called William Groom. [Fox & Hound or One Bell?]
The 1861 Census lists Alfred Bullock (Beer Seller, Great Green, pub not named, Head/Married/37/born Bradfield St Clare).
The 1916 Kelly's Directory lists Thomas Gilbey (Beer retailer, pub not named) [One Bell?]
The 1922 Kelly's Directory lists William Hammond (Beer retailer, pub not named) [One Bell?]
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.