Now a dry parish. A scattered village with fertile land, which was recorded in Domesday as "Badingafelda". It appears on the 1837 OS map as "Beddingfield".
The old village pump (see the gallery) was installed just before the Second World War and drew water from roughly 100m deep. It was superseded in the 1950s by the nearby water tower. The pump was restored about 1982 and in 1989 the water from it was tested and declared "drinkable in case of emergency".
The village hall was built in 1876 as the village's school.
Bedingfield Hall dates from the 16th century.
In 1844 White's Directory a beer house was run by Elizabeth Clarke.
In 1855 White's Directory Joseph Peck (Plow & Sail?) is listed as a beer house keeper (& carpenter).
In 1865 Joseph Peck (Plow & Sail?) is listed as a beer retailer (& wheelwright & overseer).
In 1874 White's Directory Joseph Peck (Plow & Sail?) is listed as a beer house keeper (& wheelwright & parish clerk & sexton).
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.