Milden was recorded in Domesday as "Mellinga" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Mildinge".
Milden Hall (not to be confused with Mildenhall) dates from the 18th century. Little now remains of Milden Castle, a small 12th century motte & bailey castle now called Foxburrow Hill.
The 1891-92 White's Directory also lists Mrs Mary Bird (& farmer) as a beer house keeper.
The 1912 Kelly's Directory also lists George Benj Griggs as a beer retailer.
The 1922 Kelly's Directory also lists Walter Bowers as a beer retailer.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.