Open Fri-Sun lunchtime and Wed-Sun evening for drinks and food until the end of July.
Check http://www.wissettplough.co.uk/ for more details.
Real Ale is sold here.
8 The St, IP19 0JE
grid reference TM 367 792
COVID-19 UPDATE: Take away service is going great with a large number of people ordering, especially at the weekend, so order early to avoid disappointment. See the menu on website, and some draft beer is still on tap (April 2020) - contact pub to order. #pullingtogether
Country pub on the road between Halesworth and Rumburgh. The new owners have carried out extensive work to the outside area where it is hoped that caravans will be available as holiday lets. The pub's interior has also been re-furbished. The food is cooked fresh daily. The pub is closed Monday and Tuesday in Autumn & Winter. Re-opened 9th Feb 2019 with new management.
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area: terrace at front of pub
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Dogs welcome: on leads, but not during meal times
- Evening meals
- Family friendly
- Live music
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
- Newspapers available
- Pub sells beer from local brewers
- Special events: Quiz nights and family events
- Traditional pub games available: board games
- Village shop or similar facility on-site
Railway station about 1.8 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
In the 1830's John Phillips owned the pub which was then known as a brewhouse.
Adnams brewery bought the premises in 1891.
Originally only a beerhouse, the Plough got its full license on August 13th 1960.
The then owners diversified in April 2009 with the addition of a village shop run alongside it.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)