pulling together logo

Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Halesworth White Lion

Halesworth White Lion

also traded as Blue Boar, Lyon

closed 22nd November 1964

opened before 1590

London Rd

grid reference TM 386 774

The pub was built some time in the 16th century. Documents from 1590 record "Ye Lyone Inne".

It's also historically listed at Pound Street (1839 - 1900) and 39 Thoroughfare (1912).

It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map





Historical interest

Historical interest




(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.