app

Ipswich Blue Post

Ipswich Blue Post

also traded as Old Blue Posts, New Blue Posts

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

Closed about 1828

284 Woodbridge Rd

grid reference TM 178 451

The Blue Post was mentioned in a book called "A Brief History of St.John's Parish Ipswich" by Kenneth H. Brown. It's now been converted to a pair of half timbered cottages.

(Information from Mary Pereira)

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

Blue posts were often used as an easy means of building identification before street numbering systems became widespread in usage during the 18th cent.

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** information supplied by Neil Langridge)

X