app

Ipswich Ipswich Arms

Ipswich Ipswich Arms

Closed about 1900

opened 1780s

2 Lower Brook St

grid reference TM 164 444

The Ipswich Arms was demolished and replaced by a shop.

It's also listed in Dog's Head Street.

A report in the Suffolk Chronicle** on 23rd January, 1813 reports the death of the wife of the landlord, W. ALEXANDER on 17th January, 1813, aged 40.

Map

map
expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(census information from Dudley Diaper)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X