app

Bardwell Green Man

Bardwell Green Man

closed 1974

opened about 1779

last owner/operator: Ex GK

Low St

grid reference TL 942 732

The building dates from the 16th century, with 17th and 18th century extensions.

The building's earliest use as a pub was about 1779.

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

A Green Man is a sculpture, drawing, or other representation of a face surrounded by or made from leaves. Also frequently found on carvings in churches and other buildings (both secular and ecclesiastical).

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X