app

Campsea Ashe Buck's Head

Campsea Ashe Buck's Head

also traded as Ashe Buck

North West, 52.15497,1.40634

Closed 1950s

opened pre-1794

off B1078

grid reference TM 331 562

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

The pub is now residential, but still known as the Buck's Head.

According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Buck's Head was reported at least as far back as 1794. The same source tells us it closed in the 1950s.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X