Denston: The Crown
On the road leading from Clare to Newmarket.
The House contains: Tap room, Parlour, Pantry, Cellar, Bar, Shop and 3 Bed Rooms.
The Out-buildings comprise: Stable, Piggeries, Pin Shed and Paddock of 1 acre of pasture land.
Let to Mr. Coote.Details of pub premises belonging to the Kedington Brewery estate sold, along with the brewery buildings, by auction, July 13th 1883***
The pub is shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(***Original source of documentation - Suffolk Records Office – transcribed by Graham Nunn)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.