Closed between 1840 and 1920
last owner/operator: Colchester Brewing Company
15 Castle St
grid reference TM 145 737
The building dates from the early 16th century.
The Star was forced to close in 1910 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Closure date from Eye town licensing records.