Cobbold, Robert Koipe

Lambsey, Eye

The 1823 Piggot's Directory lists R. K. Cobbold as a brewer & maltster.

The 1830 Piggot's Directory lists Robert Knight Cobbold as a brewer & maltster (Lambsey)

A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 03 Jun in 1837 states that :

Robert Koipe COBBOLD, Eye Brewery, is retiring from business & looking to sell the following Inns & Public Houses : The Three Horse Shoes; The Bull; The King's Head; The Black Swan & The Bottles; The Star; The King's Arms; The Crown & the Cherry Tree, all in Eye & Freehold, all except the Bull, which has about 700 years remaining at a rent of 20s per annum. Also, the Swan at Brome, The Dolphin, Wortham Green; The Falcon, Mellis Green; The Bull, Yaxley; The Crown, Westhorpe, The Cock, Cotton, The King's Head, Mendlesham; The Griifin, Brockford; The White Horse, Wetheringset; The Eight Bells, The King's Head & The Angel, Debenham; The Swan, Rishangles; The Bottles, Occold; The Lion, Beddingfield & The Queen's Head, Bottesdale.

(A Total of 25 pubs)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)