42 Egremont St
grid reference TL 828 473
The pub is shown on this old OS map published in 1886. interactive map
The pub building dates from the 16th or 17th century. Today it's called called Greyhound Cottage.
Evidently the pub must have closed in or just before 1911, if this press cutting is any indication:
Mr J.Pettit has bought the former Greyhound Inn at Glemsford for £185, the licence having been refused.Suffolk Free Press, August 30th 1911**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)
Old pictures from http://www.foxearth.org.uk
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.