grid reference TM 385 774Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II*
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 09/01/2019
Halesworth Three Tuns
also traded as as: Tunshistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed October 18th, 1910
12 Market Place
The building dates from the 1520s. It was for many years the home to the Halesworth Social Club, but in 2015 was converted into an antiques market.
The pub was licensed in 1874 as just "The Tuns"; the name appears to have changed in 1887.
it closed on October 18th 1910, as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses.
It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Closure date from Blything licensing records.
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.