grid reference TM 400 561
The former Anchor is now used as a holiday cottage.
In the 1891-92 White's directory, James Barber is listed but there is no mention of pub.
The 1910 Rate Book doesn't mention a pub, so presumably it had closed by then?
The pub is shown on this old OS map from 1881 (interactive map).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.