app

Ipswich Britannia Inn

Ipswich Britannia Inn

52.05103,1.15598

Closed between 1920 and 1970

last owner/operator: tollemache

5 Great Whip St

grid reference TM 164 438

Originally only licensed as a beerhouse, the Ipswich licensing records show that the Britannia Inn got its full license on March 28th, 1960.

After closure it was used for many years by Bolenda Engineering. The building was demolished late in 2011.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X