grid reference TM 166 443Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 09/01/2019
Ipswich Bull's Head
also traded as as: Old Bull's Headhistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed August 31st, 1958
last owner tollemache
The building is thought to date from the 17th century.
The Bull's Head is also listed at Orwell Place (in 1839, 1865, 1891 & 1932).
The pub is shown on this OS town plan of 1884.
After closure it became a part of "Martin & Newby" a popular hardware shop for many years.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** historical information from Bob Hall)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com )