app

Ipswich California Arms

Ipswich California Arms

Closed about 1939

428-430 Spring Rd

grid reference TM 185 448

There was a coaching house and a brew house with cellars to rear. The coaching house was demolished in early 1990s.

(information from Mick)

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

The California Gold Rush (1848-1855) began on in January 1848, when gold was discovered by James Wilson Marshall at Sutter's Mill, in Coloma. Over 300,000 men, women, and children headed to California soon after - early gold-seekers were called "forty-niners," (as a reference to 1849).

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X