CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 02/01/2017
Ipswich Crown & Anchor & Lock
also traded as as: Crown & Anchorhistorical closure era: date unknown
The Crown & Anchor was listed at Lock Road (Described as Lock Road, College Street) in 1844, at The Dock in 1851, Dock Side East in 1861 and at Marine Parade (Described as Marine Parade, Stoke Bridge) in 1855.
1841 & 1851 censuses for The Docks [New Cut East] (St Peter's) both include 2 innkeepers, Thomas Cornish & John Partridge [possibly the Crown & Anchor based on the sequence of entries] in 1841, and Davis Pettett and John Shulver [the Crown & Anchor, based on the landlord's name] in 1851.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)