app

Ipswich Freehold Tavern

Ipswich Freehold Tavern

Closed about 1869

opened 1851

Bloomfield St

grid reference TM 186 445

After closure, the pub became St John's Boy's Home, where boys from St. Peter's Workhouse were moved to provide them with better conditions. It was demolished in 1980.

The pub is listed at California in 1865.

Map

map
expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X