also traded as Royal George
Closed: not long before 1909.
1 Woodhouse St
grid reference TM 167 443
The pub is shown on this OS town plan from about 1880 (larger map).
Woodhouse Street was a street off Waterworks Street, which no longer exists, and was called Victoria Street until sometime between 1874-81.
The pub has been replaced by modern housing.
The closure date was recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923. The 1909 Rates book records it as "George Inn (late)".
Not to be confused with a George/Royal George that is listed at Tower Ramparts/High Street (St Matthew's parish).…