app

Ipswich Market Tavern

Ipswich Market Tavern

also traded as Market Hotel

closed 17th December 1956

91 Princes St

grid reference TM 159 442

The Market Tavern stood on the corner of Chalon Street (on the Town centre side of the junction).

It was previously listed at 7 Station Road.

The pub is named as the Marsh Tavern in the 1871 census, but this may be a mistake as it was next the the Old Marsh Tavern at 9 Station Road.

It closed in 1956 and the license was transferred to the newly-opened Selkirk. It has since been demolished and the area extensively redeveloped.

(information from Rod Cross)

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.

X