CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 30/12/2019
Ipswich New Anchorhistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed July 18th, 1908
1 Austin St
The pub is also listed as the Anchor, at 33 & 35 Bell Lane in 1861. In 1861 it's listed at 33 & 35 Bell Lane, next to Little Wonder at 29 & 31 on the opposite side of road to the Good Intent. (Another Anchor is listed at 1 & 3 Bell Lane in 1861, with the Old Bell [unnamed] probably listed at 2 & 4 Dock Street.)
It seems likely it's been demolished, though we don't have a concrete location yet.
The closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)