app

Ipswich Pilot

Ipswich Pilot

Closed 1920-1970

last owner/operator: tollemache

St Peter's Dock

grid reference TM 169 440

It's thought that the Pilot closed some time between 1880 (when the map below was surveyed) and 1904 (when a subsequent map didn't show it). It is listed in the 1909 Rates book as "Vine Inn (late)" and was eventually sold by Tollemache brewery in 1924.

Demolished in 1930s.

This dockside area is now occupied by the new university central building.

It's also listed at the Quay and at Ridley's Quay (in 1844) and Dock Side (in 1891).

The Pilot can be seen here on an 1881 map

shown on an 1881 map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X