Closed between 1840 and 1920
31 Key St
grid reference TM 166 441 (approximate location)
Street numbering indicates that the pub was two properties to the west of the Bull at number 35.
The pub is also listed at Common Quay (in 1839), and at Quay Street (in 1844).
Married on the 27th May 1835, Mr Edward Goodwin, grocer, Tavern Street, to Mary Ann, eldest daughter of Mr Hardee, Smack Inn, Common Quay, Ipswich.Ipswich Journal, May 1835**
To be let with immediate possession, the old established Smack Inn, situated opposite the Common Quay and in full trade…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)