pulling together logo

In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.

However, a number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these terrible times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support of possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Ipswich Three Cups Inn

Ipswich Three Cups Inn

closed 25th March 1962.

last owner/operator: tollemache

78 Bramford Rd

grid reference TM 153 451

This pub is also listed at Friars Bridge in 1865.

The Three Cups was closed and demolished, having been the subject of a Compulsory Purchase Order.

The pub is shown on this OS town plan of 1883.

old OS map



Historical interest

Historical interest




(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)