app

Ipswich Vine Inn

Ipswich Vine Inn

Closed 1940s

7-11 Church St

grid reference TM 169 441

A Victorian brewery was also located at this site.

Church Street was the original name of the part of Grimwade Street running from Fore Street to Waterworks Street (now Star Lane).

It's also listed in 1771 & 1865 at 5 Church Street. The pub has been demolished and replaced by a modern building.

It's shown (though un-named) on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map).

old OS map

Map

map
expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X