app

Ipswich Wherry Inn

Ipswich Wherry Inn

also traded as New Wherry, Wherry Quay inn

Closed about 1938

opened 1826

Quay side (St Peter's Dock)

grid reference TM 167 440

The building shown evidently replaced an earlier pub of the same name close to same position. In later years, only the upper floor was used as a pub.

A property on The Quay is shown as the Wherry Inn in 1932 but in Kelly's Directory it's shown as a sack and bag merchant in 1939.

It's also listed at Wherry Quay (in 1844).

The pub was known as the New Wherry in 1874.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X